With the new iPad on the market – a product which presents lot of new features that have been signalized to be missing from the previous models – one may find oneself in the difficult situation of having to choose between iPad 2 and the novelty.
For starters, one could look at the price of the two Apple tablets and come to the conclusion that if price matters in the highest degree, then one is advised to buy the older version of iPad because it cost around $100 less than the new iPad.
The enhanced display of the new Apple product stands out by being four times more appealing than in the case of the previous versions. The implicit consequence of this display enhancement is that the new device can handle 1080p video compared to the 720p video supported by the older version of iPad.
In case one is very keen on playing games on one’s iPad, the one is definitely advised to choose the iPad3. The quad-core graphics processor of this new tech device can be compared to those one may experience playing on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.
An important function available with the newest generation of iPads may be the one that shall make the difference when it comes to choosing between iPad 2 and iPad 3. More precisely, one should reflect upon the fact whether it is essential for one to have a voice dictation possibility available on one’s tablet. iPad 2 is going to be a disadvantaged in case one utilizes one’s Apple tablet very frequently for writing.
In the following, the article shall present the direct comparison of the most important general features of the two iPad models:
- The central power unit of iPad 2 is Dual-Core Apple A5, while the central power unit of iPad 3 is Dual-Core Apple A5X
- The characteristics of graphics in the case of iPad 2 involves PowerVR SGX543MP2, while the characteristics of graphics in the case of iPad 3 involves PowerVR SGX543MP4
- The display supported in the case of iPad 2 is of 1024 x 768 pixels, while the display supported in the case of iPad 3 is of 2048 x 1536 pixels
- The iPad 2 has 512 MB memory, while the iPad 3 has 1 GB memory
- The storage provided is the same for both models
- The camera available in the case of iPad 2 is Front-facing and 720p rear-facing, while the camera available in the case of iPad 3 is Front-facing and iSight 5 MP 1080p rear-facing
- Both of the models have Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, accelerometer, compass, gyroscope
- In the case of iPad 2 the applicable data rate is 3G, while in the case of iPad 3 the applicable data rate is 4G LTE
- As for the Bluetooth equipment, one can find 2.1 + EDR in the case of iPad 2 and 4.0 in the case of iPad 3
- iPad 2 has only 3G GPS, while ipad 3 has only 4G GPS.
Author’s Bio :
This article is written by Adam. Adam is an enthusiastic Apple user and owns almost every Apple product. He provides TV Rental, besides this he is maintaining a big tech blog.