Four Tips to Starting and Running a Successful Blog
Starting your own blog, whether it is for personal use or whether it’s for your business, can be a fun and creative activity. However, starting your own blog does require time and effort. Anyone can start a blog, but it takes work to create a successful blog that people will want to read, and it takes motivation to post consistently.
Step One: Consider your audience : Tips for Successful Blog
Although a blog is a very personal medium, it is really important that you take into account your audience when composing each post. You must think about what information would be the most relevant, useful and interesting to your audience. For example, if you run a blog about photography, then a blog post that provides your readers with tips for starting your own photography business, or a review of a new camera, would be more useful than a post about what you photographed that day. Even though it can sometimes seem easier to write about yourself, it is more useful for your audience if you use your experience and turn it into information that they can implement themselves.
See Also : Top 5 Free Premium Templates for Blogger
Step Two: Generating Blog Ideas : Tips for Successful Blog
Blog post ideas can be hard to generate for those just starting out and for those who have been blogging for some time. If you are relatively new to blogging, you may be struggling to come up with useful ideas. Alternatively, if you have been running a blog for a long time, it can seem like you have covered every aspect of your blog’s topic area. However, using a few simple tips you can generate ideas relatively quickly:
- Take a look at forums in your subject area. A quick browse through a forum can help you to determine what issues your audience is interested in, and the kinds of questions they want answering.
- Keep a notepad with you. Sometimes you may be doing something that gives you an idea for a blog post. Always carry a pen and paper with you so that you can write the idea down and flesh it out later into a great blog post.
- Read. Read magazines, newspapers, websites, and other people’s blogs that are related to your field. This will help you to see what is current in your field and can give you some great ideas for your own blog.
- Read your comments. Take the time to go back over your old blog posts and read any comments. You can see what your readers are talking about and determine what would make an interesting post from that.
See Also : 3 Factors That Affect Your Blog’s Earning
Step Three: Post consistently
People like routine, so it is very important that you post your blog on the same day, or days each week, and preferably at the same time each day. For example if you post three times a week, try to keep those three days the same. For example, if you post on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday, keep it the same every week, and try to keep the time you post it the same too. If you post at 5pm on Tuesday, then post at 5pm on the Thursday and Saturday too.
See Also : 4 Tips to Write Perfect Bio
The reason that consistent posting is important is that it maintains interest. If a person likes a blog post of yours and you suddenly do not post on your usual day, the reader may get bored and move onto another blog and forget all about yours. People like a blog that they can rely on, so keep your posting consistent.
Step Four: Promote your blog
Having a great blog does not guarantee subscribers. Many bloggers make the mistake of having the “build it and they will come” mentality. Your blog will not gain readers if nobody knows about it. You must take the time to promote your blog.
- Find other blogs in your subject area, and comment on them. This will help you to become involved in the blogging community and get your blog noticed.
- Use social bookmarking sites such as Digg and Reddit to promote your posts.
- Use social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter to promote your latest blog post.
- Write a few short articles about your subject, and post them on an article directory site. This will help to drive traffic to your blog.
Running your own blog can be fun and exciting, but just remember to put in the work to make it really shine!